Resources for Schools, Educators, Students, and Parents
- Education Votes - Student-driven, union-supported initiative takes on Opportunity Gap in one of America’s wealthiest counties
- MALDEF (National Education Association) - FAQ: School Bullying and Harassment Based on Actual or Perceived Race, Ethnicity, National Origin, or Immigration Status (PDF)
- MALDEF (National Education Association) - La Intimidacón en la Escuela y el Hostigamiento Basado en la Raza, Etnia, País de Origen o Estado Migratorio Actual o Percibido (PDF)
- MALDEF (National Education Association) - Immigrants' Rights Under a Trump Presidency (PDF)
- Montgomery County Public Schools - Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports
- Montgomery County Public Schools - Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports trained schools
- Montgomery County Public Schools - United We Learn: Combating Hate through the Arts student contest (deadline: April 21, 2017)
- National Education Association - Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports: A Multi-tiered Framework that Works for Every Student (PDF)
- Sikh Kid2Kid - Journey With Sikhism (PDF)
- Teaching Tolerance (Southern Poverty Law Center) - Bullying: Guidelines for Teachers
Resource Directory, General
- American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) has worked for almost 100 years to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States.
- Anti-Defamation League (ADL) fights anti-Semitism and threats to our very democracy, including cyberhate, bullying, bias in schools and in the criminal justice system, terrorism, hate crimes, coercion of religious minorities, and contempt for anyone who is different.
- Black Lives Matter is a chapter-based national organization working for the validity of Black life. We are working to (re)build the Black liberation movement.
- CASA creates a more just society by building power and improving the quality of life in low-income immigrant communities.
- GLAAD rewrites the script for LGBTQ acceptance, protects all that has been accomplished, and creates a world where everyone can live the life they love.
- Human Rights Campaign (HRC) is the largest national lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer civil rights organization. HRC envisions a world where LGBTQ people are ensured of their basic equal rights, and can be open, honest and safe at home, at work and in the community.
- It Gets Better Project communicates to lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender youth around the world that it gets better, and creates and inspires the changes needed to make it better for them.
- Maryland Network Against Domestic Violence (MNADV) is the state domestic violence coalition that brings together victim service providers, allied professionals, and concerned individuals for the common purpose of reducing intimate partner and family violence and its harmful effects on our citizens. The Network accomplishes this goal by providing education, training, resources, and advocacy to advance victim safety and abuser accountability.
- NARAL Pro-Choice America fights for reproductive freedom for every person in every state. Each day, we organize and mobilize to protect that freedom by fighting for access to abortion care, birth control, paid parental leave, and protections from pregnancy discrimination.
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) ensures the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons, and works to eliminate race-based discrimination.
- National Organization for Women (NOW) is dedicated to its multi-issue, multi-strategy intersectional approach to women’s rights, and is the largest organization of feminist grassroots activists in the United States.
- National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC) provide leadership in preventing and responding to sexual violence through collaboration, sharing and creating resources, and promoting research.
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline provides 24/7, free, and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals.
- The Opportunity Agenda envisions a nation in which everyone enjoys full and equal opportunity that is sustained through public support, popular culture, and just policies.
- Planned Parenthood believes in the fundamental right of each individual, throughout the world, to manage his or her fertility, regardless of the individual's income, marital status, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or residence.
- Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN) is the nation's largest anti-sexual violence organization. RAINN created and operates the National Sexual Assault Hotline in partnership with more than 1,000 local sexual assault service providers across the country and operates the DoD Safe Helpline for the Department of Defense. RAINN also carries out programs to prevent sexual violence, help victims, and ensure that perpetrators are brought to justice.
- Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) is dedicated to fighting hate and bigotry and to seeking justice for the most vulnerable members of our society. Using litigation, education, and other forms of advocacy, the SPLC works toward the day when the ideals of equal justice and equal opportunity will be a reality.
- Tegan and Sara Foundation works for economic justice, health, and representation for LGBTQ girls and women. We work in partnership and solidarity with other organizations fighting for LGBTQ and women's rights, raising funds and awareness.
Helpful Documents and Other Resources
- ACLU - Know Your Rights: What To Do If Immigration Agents (ICE) Are At Your Door
- SPLC - Ten Ways to Fight Hate (PDF)